Artist's Loft Gouache Review

Hey everyone 

So I picked up some Artist's Loft Gouache from my local Hobby Craft for £5.00
Iwas a little sceptical about trying these out as I have seen some mixed reviews.
I think that if you find away of using any supply cheap or expensive you can make it work for you, so try not to get hung up on the price of things.
So this set comes with 12 different colours, all of them can be mixed to create the desired colour you are looking for.
The colours are:

  • Purple
  • Cerulean Blue
  • Prussian Blue
  • Viridian
  • Pale Green
  • Crimson Red
  • Vermilion
  • Yellow Ochre
  • Lemon Yellow
  • Burnt Sienna
  • Lamp Black
  • White
Below I have included a picture of colour swatches for each colour, the colours are vibrant.I tried to find some information online about the light fast qualities of these colours but could not find any information, so if you do use these in a picture you want to keep I suggest you frame it.



------------------------------------------------------

I decided to do a quick sketch of one of my girls and then colour it in using these Gouache, I was able to make a decent skin colour using these paints however if you decide to draw a girl please colour it in whatever colours you like!!! You do you..... not what everyone else thinks is right.

I have stuck my girl in my junk journal, the colours are free flowing and can be applied thick or like a watercolour. The blue on the bottom right of the girl is a diluted cerulean blue to show you the watercolour look you can achieve.




------------------------------------------------------

Below I have attached the link to my YouTube video so you can see these paints being used and see if it is something you may want to try yourself.

Thanks for reading...




Comments

Popular Posts