Mixed Media Altered Fan


Hey everyone, so a friend of mine over on the M.I.A.M.I swap group was let down by her swap partner so she never received her swap. So I decided I would surprise her by sending her an altered fan.
I decided I wanted to go with the Gothic theme for my swap and chose the colours purple and black. 

I started off with a plain white fan which you can purchase from any craft store for very little.
I then painted the whole fan in black acrylic paint, once dry I added a black scallop edged trim one on top of each other to create a ruffled edge.



For the bottom of the fan I attached a purple cameo, this fan would not be a working fan because of all the lace and beads attached so therefore I wanted to make the closure part of the fan really decorative. (see picture below)




 For the lace on the fan I wanted to add some more dimension so I added metal butterflies, sequins and beads and then finally a whole row of purple and black spotted feathers.





I was really happy with the outcome of this fan and think it made a wonderful gift for the lady I made it for in group.
Below I have attached my YouTube video with step by step instructions on how to make the fan.



(Missed the link?? Click the video above)

Comments

Popular Posts