Dictionary Art Journal Challenge


Hey everyone,

I have decided to have a go at the dictionary journaling challenge that it happening on YouTube at the moment. It is in replace of the bible journaling many people are taking part in, but it is for people who may not want to journal in a bible.

I will attach a link to the Facebook group for the dictionary journaling challenge.


For my 1st page I have gone for the letter R, and picked the word Robin for my page. I used reference photos from Pinterest and also from animal books to create a peeping robin.


The material I used are:

For the background: Gesso & Bright Yellow Green
For the 1st layer of the robin:

Neo 2: Black, Raw Umber, Grey, Vermilion, Orange
For the 2nd layer of the robin:
Derwent Academy Oil Pastels: Orange, Burnt Umber, Grey, White, Scarlet and Terracotta

For added detail:
Sharpie – Black

Derwent Ink tense pencils: Willow, Iris Blue, Tangerine

Have a look at my process of drawing and colouring the robin, by clicking the video below which will take you directly to my YouTube channel.


And as always much love
xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts